This years Bridgnorth Music & Arts Festival takes place from Friday 26th August until Monday 4th September at various venues throughout the town. This year It will feature such acts as Musical Youth, Del Bromhans Stray, Shebangg, Twisted Species. There will again be a concert in The Castle Grounds on Monday 29th August as well as a Rock Concert on the Rugby Ground on Saturday 27th August, bands will also be playing in the High Street on Sunday 28th August too.
This year event will also feature Telford band “Madison”, Bishops Castle band “Fight the Bear”, Threepoint2 and DC Fontana. who will all be performing alongside popular local bands such as Shebangg, Clear Vinyl, Booyaka and Swiss Army Hamster, along with musician William Nicholson and vocalist Janette Monroe, who are all confirmed to appear at various venues during this year’s festival.
The Quayside will also come alive with the sound of music on Monday August 29th, with confirmed artists Pre sleep Monologue, Barrel O’Baddies and Illicit Disco. During the week, Bands will also be playing at various venues throughout the town , such as The Old Castle, The Shakespeare, Bell & Talbot, The Friars Inn, the Black Boy and The Swan. So if you miss them in the High Street, Park or Quayside you can go and see them there instead.
In addition actor John Forgeham will be holding an acting masterclass during the event. John has a distinguished acting career spanning nearly 50 years and worked extensively with the Royal Shakespeare Company, Won a Silver Medal at RADA. As well as starring in a number of films including The Italian Job, Kiss The Dragon and Mean Machine, he has also starred in many television series including the Ruth Rendall Mysteries, Crossroads, Prime Suspect, London’s Burning and Footballers Wives.
I’m looking forward to it, the line-up sounds really exciting and varied, I’ve seen Shebangg, Clear Vinyl, Booyaka, as well as Barrel’o’Baddies, Fight the Bear and DC Fontana before and they are all awesome. Anyway Here’s The full line-up of events for the week.
Saturday 27th August – Edgar Davies Stage (Rugby Pitch – Severn Park)
o East Road
o The Dreaming Tree
o Twisted Species
o Clear Vinyl
o The Picture
Sunday 28th August – High Street Stage
o Musical Youth
o DC Fontana
o Butterfly Stone
o Fight the Bear
o Fake Obsession
Monday 29th August – Quayside Stage
o Oaken Lee
o Presleep Monologue
o Illicit Disco
o Thompson Oldeman
o Bridgnorth Ukelele Band
Saturday 3rd September – Castle Grounds Stage
o Claire Shaw
o Dan Elphick
o Silent Rhapsody
o Mike & Sally
o The Hair Thieves
o Thompson Oldeman
o Nick Greenwood
o Linda Tilley
o Bill Cowan
Gallery Bridgnorth – Taking place every day at fifty venues both in High Town and Low Town.
- Graphic Novel Workshop with James Pearson and an Animation Mini Festival taking place at the Majestic Cinema on Saturday 27th August. There will also be a Comedy Night at The Castle Hall
- Contemporary Theatre Group “The Happy Kampers” will be performing on Monday 29th August.
- On Tuesday 30th August there will be Dance Workshops at The Community Hall, focusing on Belly Dance, Street Dance & Rock’n’Roll
- On Wednesday 31st August there is a Basketry Weaving Workshop at Bridgnorth Library and a talk by Katherine Swift, Author of The Morville Year.
- On Thursday 1st September Tom Bryson will be at Bridgnorth Library discussing whether or not E-Books are better than traditional Printed Books.
- On Friday 2nd September there will be an audience with John Forgeham at the Theatre on the Steps, and John will also be hosting an Acting Masterclass at the same theatre on Saturday.
- On Saturday 3rd September there will be a performance by the Bridgnorth Players in the Castle Grounds entitled “Sabrina, Goddess of the Severn”.