This years Annual Severn Valley Railway Autumn Steam Gala takes place between the 23rd 24th and 25th September 2011. Visiting Locomotives this year will be.
- The sole surviving Caledonian Railway, 0-6-0 Class 812 No. 828 Designed by John F McIntosh
- GWR Castle class 5029 Nunney Castle Was due to visit but has been withdrawn and will now be replaced by GWR 5101 clas No 4160 from the West Somerset Railway.
- British Rail 9f class 2-10-0 No 92212
- LNER A1 Class No 60163 Tornado in Brunswick Green
- GWR King class no 6024 King Edward
Whilst I was down there I trevelled behind 6024 King Edward going to Highley, and 60163 Tornado coming back. Which was an experience. n addition The Book Shops at both Bridgnorth and Highley Station were open, a Miniature Railway Layout was running at Hampton Loade Station and the trains were running all Friday Night/Saturday Morning. The Workshop and Boiler Shop at Bridgnorth Station are also open to the public, so visitors had a rare opportunity to see Locomotives which are mid-way through being restored.
Representing the home fleet this year will be locomotives which may include:
- Recently restored GWR 2800 Class 2-8-0 Freight locomotive No 2857
- GWR Large Prairie no 5164
- GWR Small Prairie no 4566
- GWR 7812 “Erlestoke Manor”
- Ivatt Class 2 no 46443
- Stanier Mogul no 42968
- Ivatt Class 4 no 43106 (AKA The Flying Pig).
The Engine House, Visitor & Education Centre will also be open at Highley, so visitors will also have a chance to see locomotives such as LMR 2-10-0 no 600 Gordon, GWR 4930 Hagley Hall and Stanier 8f no 48773